When coming to the UK as an au pair, BAPAA strongly recommends that you take out insurance for your own financial and personal security.
You can take out your own insurance before you travel, or take out the Policy offered by Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited in association with BAPAA once you have arrived in the UK.
You can buy the policy online, using the link below for maximum periods of 4 months at a time. You will need to use a debit card or credit card to pay online.
This Policy covers: emergency medical expenses, repatriation, cancellation or curtailment charges, baggage, personal money, passport and documents, course fees, personal liability, legal expenses.
To see full details of the policy click here
To get a quote, arrange instant cover and look at the documents online
– Visit the Endsleigh website at: https://www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/travel-agency/british-au-pair-agencies-association/
Please Note: This policy is mainly used for international students, so here is some help for au pairs using the link to buy insurance:
– Fill in the start date and end date of the insurance
– Fill in Number of travellers aged 18-65 (usually 1, or 2 if you are an au pair couple)
– Fill in your age
– Click on How Much?
– You will then reach a page with heading “Travel Eligibility Statements”.
The statement “Are an international student (or their immediate family) studying for a degree or other recognised qualification at a College or University in the United Kingdom or studying a language course at an Accredited Language School in the United Kingdom” does not apply to BAPAA.
But, to proceed you must agree to the remaining statement.
– Click on “I agree” to move on to the next page and get your quote / buy your insurance policy.
– Click on “Select” to continue and pay for your insurance.
is now also available in association with Endsleigh Insurance Services, at:
Two levels of cover are available: GAP Essential and GAP Comprehensive. Various periods of cover and destinations are available to select during the online process.
To see full details of GAP Essential policy click here
To see full details of GAP Comprehensive policy click here
In association with Endsleigh